mardi 2 juillet 2013

by the numbers

18 days since I last posted8 days until my due dateDozens of sweet messages and emails asking “Are you guys ok, friend?”(Yes. We are!)4 contractions last night, each 20 minutes apart, but then they disappeared4 voice mails left by my dad trying to get a hold of me last week (I’ve been unacceptably busy)2 phones at the same time held up to my ears – one with the tile shop and one with my dad (pretty much how my life has been lately)28 weeks, the pregnancy stage at which my sweet friend gave birth to her micro-preemie (my heart has been heavy and my hands full as I tried to help wherever I could)1:15am is how late DanO and I stayed up tiling the bathroom floor on Friday391 bajillion times I’ve told myself “I need to blog today!!”7 gallons of paint applied to the upstairs (3 of them on top of each other because I didn’t like the color. twice.)23lbs gained this pregnancy (with OBaby it was 43lbs. Apparently chasing a toddler and building a story of your house keeps the weight off?)38 weeks is how far I got before having to take off my size 4.5 engagement ring. Just the band left, and it’s size 6.512 cans of cherry coke presently in my fridge because O My Cravings, I have never wanted soda so badly in all my life208 feet of baseboard trim to paint, sand, install, and re-paint2 cm dilated and “really nice and soft” … that would be the state of my cervix as of Wednesday20 pelvic rocks each night because my midwife noted that gummybear is posterior22 unread emails in O My Family’s inbox (shudder.)2 pair of maternity ‘work’ jeans in my wardrobe (both have gnarly holes in the inner-thigh, but when you’re married to DanO, you know that maternity work clothes will come in handy)Innumerable hours of sleep lost, wondering when this baby will come and if we’ll be far enough on the upstairs remodel.8:00pm when I left the house last Monday to go get a pedicure because I wanted to4 days of sad/feverish/under the weather behavior from OBaby last week3.5 hours (happily) spent holding my sweet boy while he napped because he didn’t want to be laid down.59 days until O My Brother-In-Law’s wedding, during which OBaby will wear a toddler tux. I am practically already dying from the cuteness.2 successful recent grocery trips with the toddler without passing out or calling DanO49,240 times DanO has told me that it’s all going to work out just fine580 square feet of wood floor left to install upstairsMake that 49,241$180 spent on figuring out why our dog was… uhm… well, let’s just leave it at ‘very sick’2 antibiotics a day to the dog for a week1 disposable diaper used to pad the stair railing as we brought it homesheer brilliance: cannot be quantified

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire