mercredi 19 juin 2013

A Fundraiser A Few Days Away..

Chalkpenguin

Like most of you, I have been really upset by the BP Oil spill that happened in April and continues to spill into the Gulf of Mexico today and tomorrow and the next day. Ugh. I had a moment a few weeks ago that took place after I posted images of the heart breaking photographs of the birds covered in oil on my Facebook wall. I realized that I didn't want to just post these rants and carry on about my day. It felt so wrong and self-congratulatory, like "Oh look, I care (in my social networking world and that is pretty much it)!" Gross.

So I decided to do something to help in some small way. I contacted artists that I have covered here on ML4U and asked them to donate work to a fundraiser. The response has been incredible and overwhelming! Like way beyond what I expected. Those are all the details I'll give you, as I'll be posting next week all about it. So please stay tuned...Until then I need to take a few days from the blog to organize everything. I will see you all on Monday.

In the meantime, check out these incredible chalk drawings my friend Julie sent me from the blog Little Brown Pen. So neat.

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire