lundi 17 juin 2013

allisons epic dream does europe

Ok, so it wasn’t really Europe, but there were European cathedrals all around the St. Paul area.My dad was in town and we were going on a tour of all of the mid evil and renaissance cathedrals in the twin cities (naturally). Notre Dame was on the Mississippi River instead of the Seine, and Mont Saint Michel‘s backdrop was a snowy Midwestern city instead of the beautiful French countryside.There was one church with a huge spiral staircase that led to a bell tower, and a bald be-robbed monk was leading us up when the stairs gave way beneath him. He must have grabbed the railing and not fallen through, because next thing I knew the three of us (Dad, monk, and I) had turned and were running quickly down the flights of spiraling stairs, each step breaking just at our heels. It was very Indiana Jones-esque but without the John Williams score in the background. As one always does in dreams and Indiana Jones movies, we made it out alive.After that we stopped at a local park/conservatory (which also looked remarkably like the Medici gardens in Paris) to walk around for a while.A good friend, S, was there with her 1 year old daughter L¬† having a play date with some other mommies. We stopped to chat with S for a while, then she joined my dad and me and walked for a bit (apparently leaving L somewhere behind, but I’m sure it was fine – this is dream land).I should tell you that in real life, S has graciously loaned me all of her maternity clothes from being pregnant with L and it has been wonderful not to have to buy every single thing. For example, a fabulously comfy tracksuit that I change into almost daily after work is compliments of S! Yay! *ok, back to the dream*As my dad and I were were saying bye to S and going to leave, she said “Oh! I have to tell you! It’s not a Jordan!” Which somehow I instantly understood (I love dreams) to mean that she was pregnant and that it’s a girl, so I hollered back “So it’s a Julia! Congratulations!” (you know, as one does) and S got a big grin on her face and nodded. I pretended to smile back.Then, when S had turned around and was back in the gardens, I went into a fearful and hysterical crying panic thinking that I would have to give her all the maternity clothes back ASAP and I would have nothing left to wear anymore. Oh how I would miss the tracksuit and the cute velvet coat and all the comfortable work shirts!My dear dad hadn’t a clue how to console a pregnant woman whose maternity wardrobe had just been threatened, so he just let me cry it out before suggesting another cathedral to tour.

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire