samedi 8 juin 2013

Andy Vogt..

Andy_vogt10.05.10 post update - I posted a little too soon! Andy shared this with me via email last night and I thought I would add it to the post:

---------The wood I use comes from the demolition of old houses in San Francisco, a city with no shortage of victorian-era wooden structures ~ For the most part the wood is old growth Douglas Fir that was harvested roughly 100 years ago and has been in suspended animation under plaster, inside an old wall until i find it in a dumpsters outside a construction site.--  I use it as is, with respect to color and texture.  I see the work is both drawing and sculpture.---------

I met Andy Vogt earlier in the summer and chatted briefly with him about his work. I was excited when he sent me over images last week to share with you. I love how he takes splintered almost painful looking wood and creates such beauty and control in his shapes.

Andy_vogt7

Andy_vogt5

Andy_vogt4

Andy_vogt3

Andy_vogt6

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire