mercredi 12 juin 2013

my water baby

Lately, when I look at OBaby, I get flash-forwards to OBoy. We’ve reached the point in his infancy where his toddler face has started to emerge, slowly, but surely.I know, it surprised me too, OBaby.I am at such a crossroads of emotion with this whole growing up thing. Every single day he is learning to do new things and to interact so much more with me and with his environment. It is ridiculously fun to watch him reach for my coffee cup and try to drink out of it, and he’s gotten very close to grabbing my plate and pulling it off the table.O, you think that’s funny, don’t you?But then, I think about how he used to sleep the day away nursing in my arms, and I cry. I remember how he was happy to just lay on me or next to me, none of this squirming, wiggling, ‘What’s that over there? I want to go get it.’ business. And I miss it. And I fear for how fast this is all going. And I want to hit life’s pause button.Where’d my itty bitty baby go, you guys?O Mom. You’re making such a big deal out of this.Hey. It’s Mommy to you, mister.But then he’ll do something like this. Something so quintessentially baby that it makes me giggle and I realize that I’m exaggerating just how ‘grown up’ he really is. When he lays there and contentedly sucks on his toes, I can’t deny that he’s still just a little peanut. I take a deep breath and think about how he’s still my tiny snugly baby and although it’s all going so fast, I know I have many baby-filled months left to cherish.And then we can have another one.What? I’m sorry, did you hear something? No? O, me neither.

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire